The plan is to work on speed for the first five months. I want to work on lifting in the gym and train to complete a 5k in less than 18 minutes and a 10k in 40 minutes. Once, I am able to do this, I want to follow the runners world sub 3:30 program which is pretty gruesome.
The goal is to train for the Newyork marathon next year and complete it in less than 3:30 and I think I am on track for that.
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Way to go, Shumit! I can see that you are already inspired by the likes of Katie Holmes, who did this in 5:29:59 (amazing, with just 3 months of practice), and by some lesser known personalities like Paula Radcliffe (who btw won that race in 2:23:09!)
:)
Shumit;
Having run the NY this year, I can tell you one thing for sure. If you train in Madras with a target of 4.00, you can easily finish NY in 3.30. It is because of the weather that exists here in this time of the year. A maximum of 10 degrees with very little humidity.
So, as long as you train in a tropical country, running in this part of the world is a piece of cake.
K.Shyam
Dang! You're on your way to a Boston Qualification! G'luck! ;)
Hey, Got your link from my cousin Smrithi.
Good Going.
I've been trying to locate people here who're into running, specifically -ultras.
I see that you like long distance running. Why aren't you trying to train for ultra marathons?
Post a Comment