Sunday, February 26, 2006

Thambi - don't watch it

Sometimes on Saturday afternoons, I have an urge to walk into the local theater to catch a movie by myself. Usually, it helps me analyze the movie better and gives me some space for experimentation. This Saturday I walked into "Thambi", the latest Madhavan flick. The movie starts off with the director potraying the flabby Madhavan as a kung fu expert. His friends inform him of a murder in the city and the next moment Madhavan is doing a 100 meter sprint chasing the murderers. Madhavan's role in the movie is supposedly a combination of Subash Chandra Bose and Gandhi but it was difficult for me to see any of this cos the storyline by itself was pathetic. Thambi is a combination of pointless violence, poor dialogue delivery, boring songs and a rhetoric story. Madhavan is an actor of good caliber and it pains me to see when he makes poor decisions and chooses to act in bad movies like "Thambi" which could have been expected from someone like "Ilayathalapathi" Vijay.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey

thanks for dropping by.

hey btw, how did u like rang de basanti? i wasnt too impressed, considering all the hype...just seemed too slick and ad-ey!

see u around

I am said...

u have a blog tooo...good! will read the rest later..:)

tanu

S said...

hey.. thanks for the warning! wont.. althoug thot i shud for madhavans sake..!!

TriGeeky said...

awesomeee MAMU!!! u have a blog too!!! good luck for the marathon! I am glad you chose running over beer :P

Unknown said...

Puja,

Rang de basanti was good but the second half was a little too melodramatic. It is one of the better hindi movies though.

Tanu,

Do drop by later...i promise to come up with some funny ones next week.


Chad,

I am glad too...my abdomens are shaping up really well but i am losing a lot of weight. I wish i could do something about that.

Smrithi,

Madhavan looks really bad in the movie...but feel free to watch it if you still feel like.